On July 13th we invite you and all your bikey friends to join us on the back patio of The Social for our first ever B!KE-A-THON. We want you to bring a team and ride a bike: for 12 hours straight (don’t worry: it’s one bike; tag-team style)! That means we need you to find four friends who have some cash and are up for a little challenge! Start FUNdraising! What’s the best way to raise money you ask? Use the simple online pledge portal and distribute the links online! Or have a house party, set-up a lemonade stand, call your dad and ask for money, or make a donation yourself. Get creative and have fun with it!
B!KE: The Peterborough Community Cycling Hub is an incorporated not-for-profit, cycling education and support organization. B!KE plays an important role in our community; we are a leader in teaching bike maintenance, repair, and riding skills, provide an inclusive and safe space for learners at all levels, and advocate for cyclists’ needs. We’ve been working with Peterborough residents since 2006. B!KE provides a diverse community of members with support in riding bikes, now we need your support in keeping B!KE in operation.
B!KE needs help with core funding for 2019. While B!KE is a well-established non-profit with a diverse funding model, we are currently facing financial hardship. Our revenue comes from our sales of reclaimed and refurbished bicycles and parts, shop memberships, workshop fees, grants, fee for service programs and a Trent undergraduate student levy. Due to changes to provincial funding sources, B!KE is anticipating a challenging fiscal period ahead. As we work hard to adjust our funding model and explore new revenue sources, we want to ensure that our services remain unaffected. A successful B!KE-a-thon will help us get through this period. By FUNdraising for B!KE you and your team can help us withstand the changes and prepare for the years ahead!
July 13th from 9am – 9pm at The Social, 295 George St. N., Peterborough
Riders are encouraged to spend the day with us at The Social riding your team bike, supporting your team mates when its their turn to ride, playing games, participating in spin class, or getting a free massage!
• Teams up to 5 members keep one bike spinning for 12 hours
• Team registration fee of $125
• Minimum fundraising pledge is $500 per team
• Bring your own bike or let us know ahead of time and we will have one for you
• Lunch (meal ticket will be provided, dietary specifications possible), snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
• A B!KE water bottle
• That sweet feeling of success and philanthropy!
• There will be prizes, prizes, prizes!
• Track your own kilometers and compete for the longest distance award
• Theme it up! Best team name and costume award
• Highest earners! Prize for most funds raised award
• Register your team on this site
• Set up your fundraising page
• Start fundraising by contacting friends and family
• Register at The Social the morning of July 13th between 7:00 and 8:15 am
• Km tracker, if you have one
• Small towels
• Extra water bottles, if needed (we’ll be providing one)
• Money for shopping downtown
• A bike trainer if you have one
• Costumes and bike décor!
• A sense of humour and finely-tuned determination!
We look forward to spending the day with you!
** Please note: Although B!KE is a non-profit, it is not a charity at this time and therefore cannot issue charitable receipts for your donations.
Teams can be registered with or without all members confirmed.